New to this site? Here are some new facts about the Maura Murray case that will get you up to speed with the investigation into her disappearance.
– As a West Point cadet, Maura got caught stealing from the commissary at Fort Knox. She was found responsible for the crime and would have been expelled but was allowed to withdraw, instead. This is how she ended up at UMass Amherst.
– At the time of her disappearance, Maura was on probation for credit card fraud, having been caught stealing credit card numbers to order pizza in the dorms at UMass.
– A week before she went missing, Maura placed a call to the home of a woman in Weymouth, whose job was investigating claims of child abuse.
– There is no significance to the strange phone call Billy Rausch got on his cell phone. Police tracked down and interviewed the person who made that call. It was a Red Cross worker trying to reach him.
– Maura and Billy were not engaged at the time of her disappearance. Billy had cheated on her. And Maura was having an affair with one of her track coaches.
– The police officer who found Maura’s car ended his life by suicide. He had been slandered by conspiracy theorists who work with the Murray family.