10. Maura had an affair with a track coach at UMass, who claims she talked about running away.
9. Bill Rausch’s mistress won a restraining order against him, after he stalked her, but not until after his lawyer had her watch their sex tape on the stand.
8. At the time of her disappearance, Maura was in trouble for credit card fraud and identity theft.
7. The officer who first responded to the scene of the accident committed suicide. Before his death, he was the target of online harassment by a podcaster.
6. The Rausch family have used fake social media accounts to steer the conversation online for years.
5. The Murray family’s Facebook administrator was caught creating fake Facebook pages to harass journalists.
4. In August of 2021, I was contacted by someone purporting to be Maura Murray. New Hampshire police are currently trying to track down the computer that sent the emails.
3. The man who provided the Murray family with computers was the target of an FBI child porn raid.
2. An advocate for the Murray family got caught creating a fake sighting, which impacted a real-life court case.
- 1. Her boyfriend at the time of the disappearance, Billy Rausch, has been accused by five women of a range of offenses, from sexual harassment to attempted rape. He often had them pretend to be Maura Murray as he choked them. He is currently awaiting trial in D.C.